Orthodontic question?

Hello (: I just got braces a month ago and my orthodontist told me that on the next appointment they were going to start closing my gaps. I have a large gap between my two front teeth and some gaps (not quite as large as the one between my front teeth) between my top row of teeth. Does this mean that my orthodontist is just going to do the usual tightening to close my gaps? Or will power chains or something be used to close my gaps? Or will power chains come later in the process? I'm just curious and would like to know what to expect (: My orthodontist appointment is tomorrow!

Thank You!

Favorite Answer

He will put on a power chain. I have a gap too cuz I have no canine teeth so there closing the gap with the power chain. What they also are doing to speed it up is they put a line with it too but you'll only get the power chain to start off with :)

Source(s): I have gaps too :)

DON'T WORRY IT WILL BE FINE I HAVEBRACESS AND THEY JUST PUT A BIT OFELASTICK AROUND YOUR TEETH AND THEY CLOSE ITTOGETHERR IT HURTS SO I WOULD TAKE SOME PANADOL B4 YOU GO CAS THAT HELPS AND THEN ONCE THE GAP CLOSES IN THEY WILL CUT IT OFF BUT NO POWER CHAINS ITS OK YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT

Source(s): I HAVE BRACES AND HAD HE SAME THING JUST CAME OFF 2 WEEKS AGO

Its best to just wait and see or asks your orthodontist