Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

whats the legal age to have sex in canada?

im 14. I think the legal age is 16 now. but my bf says its 14

7 Answers

Relevance
  • bw022
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

(I'm amazed at how wrong people can get a simple *legal* question.)

All criminal laws in Canada are set by the federal government in the Canadian Criminal Code. It does not vary by province. The age of consent in Canada is 16. However, there is a five year "close in age" exception for 14 and 15 year olds and a two year "close in age" exception for 12 and 13 year olds.

One may legally have sexual relations with a 12 year old, provided they are 14 and their birthdays occur within two years of each other. One may legally have sexual relations with a 14 year-old, provided they are up to 19 and their birthdays occur within five years of year other. etc.

This assumes one person is not in a position of authority -- teacher, doctor, care giver, police officer, etc. -- although most of these professions have their own employment rules against sexual relations with those under their care. In such cases, the person can not be under 18.

• 10 years ago

not 14

• 10 years ago

If it's like the United States where the age tends to vary state to state, then it might be different from one province to another in Canada. You can probably find out the age of consent of your province by going to the associated Canadian government website. Associated with the province you live in that is.

• 10 years ago

Definitely not 14. And anyway, you should wait till you're married or have your parents' permission and approval to do it.

• 10 years ago

Your are too young. Please save this for someone worth it. Someday you want to have this meaningful act with your husband. Don't waste this and diminish the value of what you are giving.

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Wait to give your virginity to your husband.

• 10 years ago

i think you can any age lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.