chris asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Best holocaust/nazi movie?

Looking for The best nazi movie, any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I'm gonna go ahead and list off a few.

Down fall: very good movie that talks about hitlers final moments (all in German, but has English subtitles)

Escape from sobibor: tells about the secret Nazi camp that had the biggest uprising of all camps

Schindlers list: Probably the best movie on my list, tells about oscar schindler and how he saved Jews from auschwitz using his business. It's a lot more in depth then that and I recommend you go watch it right now.

The boy in striped pyjamas: tells the story of the son of a Nazi who moves to auschwitz with his family under the orders of the fuhrer and befriends a Jewish boy

Any documentary of Anne frank: just search her up

Then there is one that slips my tongue. Has a sad part where a mom has to give up one of her child's.

Well hope I helped :)

Source(s): I've done many reports on this kind of stuff. seen all these movies

Downfall is outstanding, though it doesn't involve the death camps. The Germans are capable of making the best movies about the Nazis because they stick to the historical truth, and yet still have a knack for drama and story telling. I don't understand people who watch Swedish or French films. The Germans make the best foreign language movies.

The only flaw in Downfall, is they really didn't show much of the Soviet brutality in the last days of the war. I think this is because most Germans are so genuinely ashamed of their Nazi past, that they don't want to put anything in a movie about the Nazi defense of Berlin that might make you sympathize with the defenders. It's still much better than the typical Hollywood bullshit whenever history is the subject. Steven Spielberg is one of the few American directors with enough class to handle something like the Holocaust.

Downfall and Schindler's List are both 5 star movies in my book.

Valkyrie is awesome...

I know... It's mainstream, and doesn't have gratuitous nudity or violence, but it is a VERY good movie, relying on the fundamentals.

Oh, and a true story...

How they found a guy that looks so much like Hitler is beyond me...

Of course, if you count "Saving Private Ryan" as a Nazi/Holocaust movie, then that would, of course, take the trophy.

• MLA

Holocaust

• Ruby

I haven't seen all of these but I've read most of the books on them (if there is one) and most reviews are very good:

The Pianist

Schindler's List

Anne Frank

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Life is Beautiful

Devil's Arithmetic

Saving Private Ryan is a very good film as well but it's more on the war side.

I've also seen Katyn as well but that's in Polish.

Hope you find one!

Schindlers List, Life is Beautiful, The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, The Good German...

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I put the best first, and so on.

Schindler's List and The Pianist

"Schindler's List", also the TV movie "Uprising" with Hank Azaria and the guy from "Friends" (sorry, his name escapes me suddenly, but Rachel's brother), also based on a true story. Of course, there's the classic "Diary of Anne Frank" and the post-Holocaust trial film "Judgment at Nuremberg". An interesting one that takes place during that period but has a different central point is "Inglorious Basterds", also "Saving Private Ryan", the magnificent Tom Hanks-produced film.

• ?

Schiendlers list

Schindler's list.

Source(s): Me. I saw it!