Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

How much is a plane ticket to Seoul from New Jersey?

For my sixteenth birthday I would really love to go to Seoul, South Korea to meet all of my foreign friends (some have lived here, some have lived in Korea all their lives).

My parents are both out of work right now (I'm currently securing a job as an instructor at the YMCA and giving private music lessons) so I don't know if this dream will be full filled, but they both want to travel for their 50th birthdays (around the same time as mine) next summer!

I know plane tickets to Asia are normally over 1,000USD.

I have never been out of the country...well, when I was three we visited France to see family members, but that was so long ago!

Please can I have serious answers!

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

From Newark to Seoul, Kayak.com shows flights on United Airlines for just under $1,000 inc. all fees and taxes in November. Prices vary considerably by dates and airlines, check the prices for other dates here:

http://www.kayak.com/

You might also check from JFK Airport in NYC, you may have more options.

Prices will change over time, but I just did a search for the last week of June, coming back the 2nd week of july and the price was almost 2,000 after taxes. The departing airport is JFK. When i change the date to a later travel range, the price dropped by 200 dollars.

In the summer, tickets to Asia are definitely well over 1,000USD. It could even be closer to 2,000USD depending on your travel dates. Start saving now and book as early as possible.

Source(s): orbitz

You aren't getting to Seoul for under $1000, it just isn't happening. Most of those prices don't show taxes and other additional charges. South Korea is on the other side of the globe so you would be fortunate to find a ticket at $2000. Kayak is a pretty good website but I always buy my tickets on cheaptickets.com but sometimes you can find them cheaper on the carriers website such as delta.com or airfrance.com.

Source(s): I just booked a trip from Dubai to the Dominican Republic for $1700 and that was one of the cheapest flights I could find without stopping 3 times. It is also about half the distance you are trying to travel.