Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Any good books out there?

I really need more book material! I love Romance! My favorite books include Twilight [Saga] & The Perfect Chemistry series. Does anybody know books similar to those? Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

1. The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

2. Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale:

3. 13 reasons why by Jay De Asher:

A girl suicides and sends 13 cassets with the 13 reasons (people and what they did) that caused her to make her decision.

4. The house of night series by P.C. Cast

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:

24 teenagers fight to the death and only one survives...

6. Nightworld by L.J. Smith

7. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith:

He's playing with her heart... and her life...

8. Dark Visions by L.J. Smith:

Not all vampires are out for blood! (not like TWILIGHT!!!)

9. Emily the Strange: Stranger and Stranger by Rob Reger

10. Once Dead, Twice Shy: A Novel (book 1 of a trilogy) by Kim Harrison:

My name is Madison Avery, and I'm here to tell you that there's more out there than you can see, hear, or touch. Because I'm there. Seeing it. Touching it. Living it.

Madison's prom was killer literally. Now, thanks to a mysterious amulet, she's stuck on Earth: dead but not gone.

11. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has agood job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becomingmore. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly shipsher off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St.Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Annamight be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will ayear of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

12. The Poison Diaries (trilogy) by Maryrose Wood:

In the right dose, everything is a poison. Even love . . .

Jessamine Luxton has lived all her sixteen years in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle, with little company apart from the plants in her garden. Her father, Thomas, a feared apothecary, has taught her much plants: that even the most innocent-looking weed can cure -- or kill.

When Jessamine begins to fall in love with a mysterious boy whoclaims to communicate with plants, she is drawn into the dangerous world of the poison garden in a way she never could have imagined .. .

14. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling:

Do I really need to give an explanation to this book...?

15. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton:

Three brothers struggle to stay together after their parents'' death, as they search for an identity among the conflicting values of their adolescent society in which they find themselves "outsiders."

16. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (this book really brings you to the South of the U.S. in the late 1800-1950).

17. A series of unfortunate events by Lemony Snicket:

Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are intelligent children.They are charming, and resourceful. Unfortunately, they are exceptionally unlucky.

In the first two books alone, the three youngsters encounter agreedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, aplot to steal their fortune, a lumpy bed, a deadly serpent, a largebrass reading lamp, a long knife, and a terrible odour.

18. And then there were none by Agatha Christie (one of her best books!!!):

The World's Bestselling Mystery

19. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie:

While traveling to Paris, a wealthy American is stabbed to death in his cabin on the Orient Express. With the train stuck in a snowdrift, there is no easy escape for the killer. Fortunately, detective Hercule Poirot is aboard and launches a clever investigation into the curious assortment of passengers, of whom each seems to have a motive.

20. Prophecy of the sisters (trilogy) by Michelle Zink (I read this book in french, it got me hooked from the beginning!!):

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters--one good,one evil.

Who will prevail?

21. Beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (also read this one in french... it was AWESOME!!!):

There were no surprises in Gatlin County. At least, that''s what I thought. Turns out, I couldn''t have been more wrong. There was a curse. There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave. Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations.

22. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Source(s): I simply adore the Perfect Chemistry series, I just ordered the second book, can't wait for it to arrive. Another book very much like Perfect Chemistry would be Forget you by Jennifer Echols, I haven't read it yet, but the summary resembles that of Perfect Chemistry.

Alan Titchmarsh and his romance novels

Mr McGreggor

The Last Lighthouse Keeper

Animal Instincts

Only Dad

Rosie

Love and Dr Devon

Folly

The Haunting (just out)

I know the Perfect person for romance!

I would look for Nicolas Sparks. He is the best! My favorites by him are Dear John and The Last Song.

Hope you like the books!

historic Fiction: the two sides of Time sequence- Caroline B. Cooney (additionally romance) Bloody Jack sequence-L. A. Meyer (additionally adventure) If I might desire to Die earlier I Wake- Han Nolan the super and undesirable elegance sequence- Libba Bray (additionally fantasyish fiction) the different Boleyn woman- Philippa Gregory The Queen’s fool- Philippa Gregory The consistent Princess- Philippa Gregory The Bolelyn Inheritance- Philippa Gregory The e book Thief- Markus Zusak Fantasyish Fiction Twilight sequence- Stephenie Meyer (additionally romance) The Mediator sequence- Meg Cabot (additionally romance) Avalon intense- Meg Cabot (sorta) Uglies sequence-Scott Westerfeld Midnighters sequence- Scott Westerfeld Fiction: All American woman- Meg Cabot Airhead- Meg Cabot The Earth, My Butt, and different huge around issues - Carolyn Mackler Fly on the Wall- E. Lockhart Megan Meade’s instruction manual to the McGowan Boys- Kate Brian fortunate T- Kate Brian The 5 human beings You Meet in Heaven- Mitch Albom My Sister’s Keeper- Jodi Picoult exchange of heart- Jodi Picoult The Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown Romance: The Angels Trilogy- Lurlene Mcdaniel The p.c..- Jodi Picoult The workstation- Nicholas Sparks secret: Stranger With My Face- Lois Duncan Down a gloomy corridor- Lois Duncan Locked in Time-Lois Duncan Any e book via R.L Stine Non- Fiction a new child observed as It- Dave Pelzer Who Killed My Daughter- Louis Duncan Diary of a youthful woman- Anne Frank

The World's Most Mysterious Murders.Extremely obscure chapters on murders that you never heard of. And you never heard of them because they were boring to begin with, and including their own badly written poems on the subject doesn't improve anything. I enjoy books about true crime, so I was looking forward to this. It was HORRIBLE. Here are some of the reasons.

• Lily

All my fav books:

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Hunger Games

Let the Right one in

On the Run by Gordon Korman

Kidnapped by Gordon Korman

Island by Gordon Korman

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld is good

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Wake series by Lisa McMann

Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles

Book of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

Double Helix by Nancy Werlin

Suicide Notes by Michael Ford

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Life as we Knew It

Shadow Children by Margaret Haddix

Warriors by Erin Hunter

Animal Farm

Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

Supernatural:

The Unseen series is really good.

The Devouring by Simon Holt

The Darkest Powers by Kelly Armstrong

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

The Supernaturalist by Eoin Coin

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven

Blood and Chocolate.

Demonata by Darren Shan

Wereling by Stephen Cole

Werecat

Tithe: A modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black

Wings by Aprilynn Pike

Need by Carrie Jones

The Gatekeepers by Anthony Horowitz

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Cain

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Den of Shadows by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith

Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

Vampire Kisses

Tantalize by Cynthia Smith

Nightworld series LJ SMith

Vampire Beach by Alex Duval

Thirst by Christopher Pike

I Am Legend

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

Witches (as in Wiccan)

Sweep series by Cate Tierman

Balefire series also by Cate Tierman

Spy stories:

Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter

The Specialists by Shannon Greenland.

Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz

Thursday Next by Jasper Fforde

Aliens:

Daniel X by James Patterson

Mythology:

Percy Jackson series by Rick Riodan

Daughters of the Moon Series

Sons of the Night Series by: Lynne Ewing

Dark Fusion by Neal Shusterman

shiver linger forever three diff books and all so great there in a series and there about this girl wolf and crap like that lol cheak it out there great