why is california closing their medical marijuana dispensaries?

Or a better way of phrasing this is why does the department of justice think it is ethical to deny people of their medicene. Just legalize and tax the **** already and the government will be making just as much if not more money than they are spending on arrested the people who smoke it and are a "threat" to our society

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To all of you who are saying that cannabis isn't a medication: Think about cancer patients that are going threw treatments. They are sick, hurting and can't eat. The need something that can enter their system and stop their pain. A medication that can also bypass the stomach (seeing as a pill would come right back up).

Why is cannabis not a better choice then a narcotic pain killer? The damage that prescription drugs do to the body is very real. Using cannabis is a more natural way to deal with a lot of medical issues. Why take a tylenol (that can permanently damage your liver) when you can eat a cannabis cookie that will work better, faster and longer?

As for the question asked, the Federal Government still says that using, selling and growing marijuana is illegal within the U.S. Each state is allowed to say, "We hear you Government, but we don't care what you say. In our state we are going to do what we want." In saying that, it doesn't mean that the Feds cant stop the state from 'breaking the law'. The state says its legal but the government says its not. Therefor the Feds can come in and enforce their laws if they feel that the state is not.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The administration has consistently been clean on its place. it won't take action against what IT perceives as scientific marijuana production and sales that are working interior of state regulation. The administration has additionally taken the region that marijuana collectives which make a earnings, under any definition of earnings, are no longer in conformance with California regulation. i've got not got a situation with the administration's place frequently (and it easily can't rationally be called a "lie"), I do have a situation with the reality that the administration's conclusions approximately what's, or isn't, criminal under California regulation does not seem to be in conformance with what Californians have faith is criminal, and yet there is not any way for a individual prosecuted under federal regulation to develop this misinterpretation of the regulation as a protection. all and distinctive who thinks that issues could get greater helpful under a Romney administration is delusional.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not that I disagree with you, but I think it is because even though it is legal as far as the state is concerned, it is still a federal crime. That is the unfortunate difference between what should be and what is. The government enforces what is. Honestly, I am surprised it has taken this long for them to step in. In Colorado, they are threatening banks who do business with dispensaries. Because of this, they can no longer bank anywhere and they can not accept credit cards either.

• Terrel
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Because the Feds know that medical marijuana is just a simple minded and childish ruse to get around a law. I tend to agree with them to that extent. However, it is also a test of whether the Feds can over-ride a state law. This state law seems to be granted to the state by the constitution since such regulation is certainly not granted to the Feds in this case. I stand with the state in this case but still think smoking marijuana is stupid.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why do liberty, money loving Conservatives want to shut down a business that provides a demanded service and creates jobs?

If you're anti pot and pro legal tobacco and alcohol, you're a hypocrite.

A true conservative cannot be against legalization.

• 9 years ago

Most of the people who use medical marijuana are not doing so because they want marijuana. It is not some pot head festival and it has nothing to do with making a drug legal so their medicine can be taxed. You should not use peoples misery to get marijuana. If you want to get high, go tell your drug dealer.

• Clone
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

There not doing nothing... medical marijuana dispensaries are legal in California they cant do nothing. The federal government wants to change that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

denying people their medicine?

my local dispensary claims pot is medicine for PMS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.