Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

123 reg index page problem?

My home page was working fine until I added the wordpress app to my website and just to test it set it as my home page (On my 123reg control panel) then I removed the app and tried to have my original homepage but it looks like the server does not find the index.html anymore(not 404). Server error 500.

Does anybody know how I can make the server load my index page?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

Simply login to your 123-reg account.

Go down to Manage Hosting

Click on File Manager

Rename the .htaccess file to oldhtaccess

Clear your browser cache, cookies and history then restart the browser.

Your index file should then be displayed.

If you still have problems please drop me your domain name.

Regards

Ricky

Source(s): www.123-reg.co.uk/support
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Can you get into the wordpress admin? If so, go to the permalinks area and click Save changes.

If not, you may have to ftp into your site, rename the .htaccess file (keep the wordpress admin open while doing this) and then click the Save Changes button in the permalinks section.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

the wordpress files may still be there. actually 500 means there is a server error and you should contact your hosting tech support.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.