123 reg index page problem?

My home page was working fine until I added the wordpress app to my website and just to test it set it as my home page (On my 123reg control panel) then I removed the app and tried to have my original homepage but it looks like the server does not find the index.html anymore(not 404). Server error 500.

Does anybody know how I can make the server load my index page?

Favorite Answer

Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

Simply login to your 123-reg account.

Go down to Manage Hosting

Click on File Manager

Rename the .htaccess file to oldhtaccess

Clear your browser cache, cookies and history then restart the browser.

Your index file should then be displayed.

If you still have problems please drop me your domain name.

Regards

Ricky

Source(s): www.123-reg.co.uk/support
  • .

Can you get into the wordpress admin? If so, go to the permalinks area and click Save changes.

If not, you may have to ftp into your site, rename the .htaccess file (keep the wordpress admin open while doing this) and then click the Save Changes button in the permalinks section.

• Jim

the wordpress files may still be there. actually 500 means there is a server error and you should contact your hosting tech support.