Jehovah's Witnesses, to all who are against independent thinking.....?

I understand it's considered prideful to think independently and humble to trust church leaders. But what if you see something unscriptural or have valid questions about a doctrine? Doesn't the bible say for us to "Study to show YOURSELVES approved". It doesn't say to let someone else do... show more I understand it's considered prideful to think independently and humble to trust church leaders. But what if you see something unscriptural or have valid questions about a doctrine? Doesn't the bible say for us to "Study to show YOURSELVES approved". It doesn't say to let someone else do your studying & thinking. So how many of you left other religions? Wasn't that independent thinking against the former Catholic religion or Methodist, or Baptist??? Well, no group of humans are perfect, not even the Watchtower, so why is it wrong to just think independently in your present religion? What if they are wrong to disfellowship for somebody getting a blood transfusion or for being in the Military? What if a JW thought it was the right thing to do to fight against Hitler as self defense? Or that setting dates was unscriptural? Independent thought should be encouraged, and at many churches Christians are told to not accept anything unless it is clearly seen in the bible. In my humble opinion (or prideful??) it is wrong NOT to think independently! Why is it wrong to test doctrines and teachings with scripture? No offense intended as I care about you.
Update: Pat, You said: "He uses only the "faithful and discreet slave" to reveal its meaning and that whatever they say I will follow, not because I can't think for myself, but because I trust Jehovah. If what they teach is wrong, He will correct them. Simple as that." Where does the Bible say that Jehovah ONLY uses the... show more Pat, You said: "He uses only the "faithful and discreet slave" to reveal its meaning and that whatever they say I will follow, not because I can't think for myself, but because I trust Jehovah. If what they teach is wrong, He will correct them. Simple as that."
Where does the Bible say that Jehovah ONLY uses the faithful and discreet slave today - as I understand it - a group of men. To trust this group of men is the same as trusting Jehovah? Doesn't Jehovah use the Holy Spirit to teach us? What is the role of the Holy Spirit on the earth today?
Update 2: Rolando, didn't the JW religion pop up because of independent thinking? We all have a responsibility to adhere to the teachings of the bible, not men's teachings that always evolve and become far fetched as time goes on. But the Word of God stands forever as our guide, in conjunction with the Holy Spirit, who comes... show more Rolando, didn't the JW religion pop up because of independent thinking? We all have a responsibility to adhere to the teachings of the bible, not men's teachings that always evolve and become far fetched as time goes on. But the Word of God stands forever as our guide, in conjunction with the Holy Spirit, who comes to reside in our own spirits.
Update 3: Teller of Truths, You Said: "The first essential in developing one’s thinking ability is the taking in of knowledge. “My son, . . . when wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you, to... show more Teller of Truths, You Said: "The first essential in developing one’s thinking ability is the taking in of knowledge. “My son, . . . when wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way.” (Prov. 2:1, 10-15)"

The bible says that when you take in knowledge and wisdom, THINKING will keep GUARD over YOU? Whose thinking? Doesn't that mean your thinking? Discernment will safeguard you? So YOU should be discerning by THINKING it says. Not by depending on others to think for you. God gave you and me thinking ability. I'm not talking about thinking independently of God, I'm talking about using our thinking to guard from false teaching or simply human errors of others by making the bible the first and foremost authority, the Holy Spirit, and then elders. Maybe God will use you for his purposes, but you have to hear his voice and obey
Update 4: Toni, In your answer you didn't mention the role of the Holy Spirit. Does the Holy Spirit have a role in the Christians' thinking and receiving of revelation today? Is the Holy Spirit dwelling in your spirit to teach you, as the bible says in 1 John 2:27 "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in... show more Toni, In your answer you didn't mention the role of the Holy Spirit. Does the Holy Spirit have a role in the Christians' thinking and receiving of revelation today? Is the Holy Spirit dwelling in your spirit to teach you, as the bible says in 1 John 2:27 "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him."
Doesn't this mean we have the Holy Spirit for guidance and teaching today?
Update 5: Just a Man: Jas 4:17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins. and 1 Sam 16... man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” It may have been a sin for you to fight in the Military, but for another, it may be a sin NOT to. Because there are valid arguments on... show more Just a Man: Jas 4:17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins. and
1 Sam 16... man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
It may have been a sin for you to fight in the Military, but for another, it may be a sin NOT to. Because there are valid arguments on each side. If you defend the innocent from being maimed, tortured, dipped in acid, experimented upon by Hitler type rulers, and you stand idly by watching, would that be right? If our country was invaded by a maniac like Hitler, would it be right to do nothing while women and children were being raped & slaughtered? Is that loving your neighbor. That's why there should not be disfellowshipping for Military service because it depends on the circumstances and the conscience of the individual. Jesus said to turn the other cheek but he also said to defend the widow and orphan.

Update 6: Bar: I didn't mean to misrepresent anything and what I have heard and read are quotes such as Big Guy lists. Are these quotes correct? If these quotes are not true, then please point it out.