Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

You wanna know what the people at Occupy Wall Street want?

This is what they want!

Their chief target is Wall Street, but many of the demonstrators in New York and across the U.S. also are thoroughly disgusted with Washington, blaming politicians of both major parties for policies they say protect corporate America at the expense of the middle class.

"At this point I don't see any difference between George Bush and Obama. The middle class is a lot worse than when Obama was elected," said John Penley, an unemployed legal worker from Brooklyn.

The Occupy Wall Street movement, which began last month with a small number of young people pitching a tent in front of the New York Stock Exchange, has expanded nationally and drawn a wide variety of activists, including union members and laid-off workers. Demonstrators marched Thursday in Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and Anchorage, Alaska, carrying signs with slogans such as "Get money out of politics" and "I can't afford a lobbyist."

The protests are in some ways the liberal flip side of the tea party movement, which was launched in 2009 in a populist reaction against the bank and auto bailouts and the $787 billion economic stimulus plan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/06/politics...

Favorite Answer

They are the bright silent majority that never gets a voice because they can't afford a lobbyist.

Watch the movie 'The running man'. It will show you the hopelessness of the majority of US legal citizens.

They are publishing their own newspaper.

If you want to read it google: The Occupied Wall Street Journal.

Their demands do not represent the entire group. There are a LOT of libertarians there as well.

I agree. Protest the FED!

http://www.thenbs.com/topics/Environment/articles/...

http://papundits.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/obamas-s...

These links will tell you what is happening to the country and all western nations. It has little to do with the banks.

In other words, they don't like both parties but they are like one of them. I've heard that before.

They want hand outs and more government involvement in their life because they don't want to pay things like student loans. Blame the universities for high tuition.

Of course there are union members there. Same bus, same thugs, and same buckets of KFC bussed to the latest crap hole for democrats.

They want free college education. I stopped being serious right after I read that on their website.

• Tommy

Most of those punks that are protesting are professional anarchists who protest anything that is anti American

No, no I do not. Go be poor somewhere else. You're uglying up our streets.