ramadan "die before you die"?

What is your understanding of "die before you die"?

Do you know of anything I should read to understand this ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Die as in Kill your "self" your "ego" before the ultimate physical death

If you kill your lusts, your envy, your pride, your gluttony your greed and your miserliness before your actually die...i.e. in the lifetime of your tests

then you have achieved success in the after life....

What is death? its the release from the physical and materialistic wants of the earth. You dont need food, or wealth or children or houses when you are dead.

So behave in life as you are truely free from these wants, i.e hold no attachment to these things, kill your desire for them, effectively DIE.

Die (remove the things that you hold dear in life) before you Ultimately Perish (Die physically)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Wa alaikum salam wr wbr..confident Allah will reveal all of our sins (undesirable deeds)and all of our sturdy deeds that have been recorded by potential of left and precise angels for the time of our lives for the time of this dunya beginning from our puberty. as much as the final 2d before our dying i haven't any hadith concerning that words somewhat kafir human beings have been given Al Kitab (Zabur,Taurat and Injil/Bible) on an identical time as muslims the Qur'an

• 8 years ago

This is is Sufi famous sayings. They mean you forsake evrything of this world before you are foresaken. Its true that In a way we have to keep a distant relation to everything in this world, exactly that of a traveller. This is what Prophet ( SAW) has taught us. To be in this world as a traveller. To live amoung other human and their life, but you live for a goal thats very clear. You have a destination as clear as this life. You have a purpose in life. You are to return to Allah whenever He calls us back. So this is it. I don't know why someone has to die before.....we are told to live a life that pleases Allah and not to be monks and be foresakers. This is my understanding and knowledge. Allah knows best.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

it can't be understood, if u die before u die, then how did u not die before u die and die before?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

never heard of it. so I dont know the answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.