Lawn mower fetish or schizophrenia?

(I reposted here, was on wrong forum) Anyone aware of a lawn mower fetish? schizophrenia? Please read my previous question. My brother dropped out of Cornell where he was engineer major. He is brilliant but appears to be self destructing. He sleeps all day and spends all night in the garage. He has been taking... show more (I reposted here, was on wrong forum)
Anyone aware of a lawn mower fetish? schizophrenia?
Please read my previous question. My brother dropped out of Cornell where he was engineer major. He is brilliant but appears to be self destructing. He sleeps all day and spends all night in the garage. He has been taking apart and reassembling my parents lawn mower near daily. He appears to be obsessed and it has taken on a perverse nature. (to the point we found pics of the lawn mower in his bedroom)

This is a smart kid but I think he is losing touch with reality. We also found inappropriate "toys" in the garage along with an enormous supply of fish food. My mother is beside herself. The rare times my brother is awake with us, he does nothing but discuss John Deere mowers/tractors. We only have 2 acres! I am at the point where I am thinking he is schizophrenic but not quite bad enough to force into treatment.

Anyone else gone through this and what do you recommend??