Ron_Ron asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Who would you rather have at the PF position?

Josh smith, amare stoudemire, or blake griffin.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Josh Smith is the best defender out of these 3 by far when motivated, but that's also his problem, his attitude and shot selection is sometimes questionable, he can score, rebound, pass, defend, run, handle, he is a TOP 20 talent, but he doesn't play to his potential..

Amare and Griffin are one of the worst defenders at their position in the entire NBA. Amare is a spectacular offensive player but his defensive shortcomings are well known and when you are bad defender at the PF/C position in the NBA it is a big problem for your team..

Griffin has by far the most potential, he can be all time great player, but he has to really work hard on his defense. He is always out of position, is atrocious help defender, despite his incredible athletic ability has no idea how to block shot and never runs back on defense. He can be MVP candidate for years but he really needs to improve in this area..

Still based on his potential I would take Griffin easily..

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Depends. Right now, I'd have Amare because he has more basketball knowledge than the other 2 players. But if I were to consider the future, I'd take Blake Griffin without a doubt. Sky is the limit for Blake

• 8 years ago

Amare now, Blake Griffin later.

• 8 years ago

I would take Blake Griffin 100 times out of 100.

He's so good but he's only 22 years old. He has bucketloads of potential and athleticism. He's entertaining, he has a great attitude and the fans love him.

Let's look at their stats from this year:

Griffin:

22.5 ppg 12.1 rpg 3.8 apg 0.5 bpg 0.8 spg

Stoudemire:

25.3 ppg 8.2 rpg 2.6 apg 1.9 bpg 0.9 spg

Smith:

16.5 ppg 8.5 rpg 3.3 apg 1.6 bpg 1.3 spg

So while Amare is the best scorer of the 3, he's also the oldest and the worst rebounder. Smith is the best defender but isn't a great scorer. Griffin is the best rebounder and passer and has potential on defense. He's also the youngest. At just 22 years of age, Blake Griffin is one of the brightest prospects in the NBA. I am sure that he will go on to win MVPs and titles in his career. He's had arguably the best rookie season since Shaquille O'Neal. This guy is going to be great.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Amare Stoudemire

Out of these guys Amare is the only one with a jumper and can work on both offense and defense, he looks to win. Blake is just a highlight reel right now and Josh Smith defense makes him.

• 8 years ago

Blake Griffin cause that guy s***s on other dudes religiously. And hes in his real early 20's. This kids gonna be good.

• 8 years ago

as your best player, blake griffin.

as a 3rd option, josh smith.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

blake griffin

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If Blake can maintain his stats for next season, I'd choose him. Besides, he's the youngest.

• ours
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If it became this years draft maximum possibly factor look after. i think of if i ought to chosen any participant interior the NBA to construct around it could be Chris Paul. i think of his sport is eye-catching and gorgeous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.