What happens if i drink alcohol while taking Abilify?

I am taking Abilify to stop my depression and I was wondering what would happen if i went to a party and had a few drinks while on my meds?

Favorite Answer

According to the Abilify® (aripiprazole) prescription information, drinking alcohol while on Abilify is not recommended. Combining alcohol and Abilify can increase the chances and severity of several Abilify side effects. Additionally, for many people with mental illness, it is usually recommended that alcohol be avoided.

Alcohol and Abilify Side Effects

Drinking alcohol may increase your risk of certain Abilify side effects, such as drowsiness or low blood pressure (when sitting or standing up). You may also be more sensitive to the effects of alcohol if you are taking Abilify. You may not be able to safely drink as much alcohol as you were used to drinking in the past.

Abilify is approved to treat schizophrenia, major depression, autism, and bipolar disorder. Generally, it is best for people with these mental illnesses to avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol may worsen mental illness and is often a form of "self-medication."

Talking With Your Healthcare Provider About Alcohol and Abilify

Although it is not recommended that you drink alcohol while taking Abilify, you should not be afraid to discuss your alcohol consumption with your healthcare provider. Together, you and your healthcare provider can make a shared decision about Abilify and alcohol for your particular situation. If you do drink, your healthcare provider can also suggest ways to help you stop drinking.

Alcohol And Abilify

• botras

Abilify And Alcohol

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): drink alcohol abilify: https://tr.im/A7Equ
  • ~qx~

Never mix alcohol with any drug, even asprin.

Abilify has a half life of 72 hours and alcohol has a very short half life. Alcohol is a powerful drug. Never, take two drugs together.

• levi5 years agoReport

And I agrre, this particular combo could prove dangerous but at the same time, it could be find in moderation. How about you reference some studies or publications next time.

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aripiprazole?

You should not take aripiprazole if you are allergic to it.

Aripiprazole is not approved for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Aripiprazole may increase the risk of death in older adults with dementia-related conditions.

To make sure aripiprazole is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:

- liver or kidney disease;

- heart disease, high or low blood pressure, heart rhythm problems;

- high cholesterol or triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood);

- a history of low white blood cell (WBC) counts;

- a history of heart attack or stroke;

- seizures or epilepsy;

- a personal or family history of diabetes; or

- trouble swallowing.

Some young people have thoughts about suicide when taking medicine for a major depressive disorder and other psychiatric disorders. Your doctor should check your progress at regular visits. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms.

The liquid form (oral solution) of this medication may contain up to 15 grams of sugar per dose. Before taking aripiprazole oral solution, tell your doctor if you have diabetes.

Aripiprazole may cause you to have high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar levels on a regular basis while you are taking aripiprazole.

The orally disintegrating tablet form of this medication may contain over 3 milligrams of phenylalanine per tablet. Before taking Abilify Discmelt, tell your doctor if you have phenylketonuria.

Taking antipsychotic medicine in the last 3 months of pregnancy may cause problems in the newborn, such as withdrawal symptoms, breathing problems, feeding problems, fussiness, tremors, and limp or stiff muscles. However, you may have withdrawal symptoms or other problems if you stop taking your medicine during pregnancy. If you become pregnant, do not stop taking aripiprazole without your doctor's advice.

If you are pregnant, your name may be listed on a pregnancy registry. This is to track the outcome of the pregnancy and to evaluate any effects of aripiprazole on the baby.

Aripiprazole can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.

Inexpensive Online Shop >>> http://abilify2.w3org.pw/iz3sq

You will hallucinate and think your an oversized chicken and then began to make cluck cluck sounds everytime a guy tries to talk to you..after which you will feel a sudden urge to strip down buck naked and do your much anticipated chicken dance on the bar table for the rest of the night then you will lay your eggs in the middle of heavy traffic....

Trust me NOT a good look Chicken

• Yvonne

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/HwJhc

Honestly, you can end up in the hospital. It a bad idea to mix alcohol and ANY medication.

You can have a heart attack and stroke, and end up mentally retarded for the rest of your life