what is the formula for speed and velocity?

I need to know the formula for speed and I also need to know the formula for velocity. Thanks

Favorite Answer

If you have two of these, velocity(V) , Distance (S) and Time (T) You can find the third one with this formula V = S/T

Source(s): My Study
  • Kerri

For 1) if you know the two distances you can use the formula (a + b)xy/ay + bx, where a is the first distance and x is the corresponding speed and b is the second distance and y is the corresponding speed, to find the average velocity (remember it only holds straight line motion) Suppose you are not given a and b but you are given a + b and a/b you can find the individual values. For 2) if you are meaning the round trip then the displacement is 0, therefore average velocity is 0.

The only difference between speed and velocity is that velocity has a direction associated with it. speed=distance/time

Mrs.hooper flew west from Chicago to Denver in 2 hours.The flight distance is 1,427 kilometers or 887 miles. What was the plane's speed in kilometers and in miles?