Why do games run better on my laptop when its plugged in?

When i play games on my laptop they run alot better when it is plugged in rather than just running on battery. why is this? how can i make them run the same when on battery?

Best Answer

It probably has something to do with your power settings. When your laptop runs on batteries, the manufacturers wanted to extend battery life as long as possible before the next recharge. To do this, they had to lessen hardware capacity here and there.

Depending on the brand that you run, try tweaking with hardware settings, power settings -- better yet, look into hardware documentation, or the brand's website.

• Ed Fox

Default settings involve the laptop running on slightly lower power to conserve battery. If you want to run the laptop "full blast" on battery, you have to change your Power Options in Control Panel. But why would anyone want to use out their battery charge in this way. I have never once run my laptop on battery if there is a fixed mains supply available which I am authorized to use

Laptops run on power saver mode by default when operating off the battery. When plugged in, it runs in high performance mode. Simply go to your Power options in Windows, and disable power saver mode when running on the battery.

• roice

try putting it on intense potential mode by potential of happening battery settings and your pix card would have a putting in it that controls overall performance on battery ati have it so do intel and nvidia. I dont comprehend which one you have so i cant supply training for that.

Constant power, batteries gradually weaken as they discharge