My parents want me gone by my 21st birthday?

I have until October 20th to get a job or my parents will kick me out. i have been trying to get a job with out end since i graduated high school in 2009, but to no avail. i have no money, transportation or anywhere to go, or anyone to help me. i am an emotional wreck. I'm so stressed i can hardly sleep or eat. i think i might snap any day now. please i need advice.

-and yes, i do try very hard! I'm sending applications everywhere, everyday. the only time a company calls me is to ask me to not send in so many applications. i even once begged a guy to hire me directly, so don't say I'm not trying hard!

Best Answer

I suggest you talk to a local military recruiter ASAP - about the only place you might get an fast placement that includes housing. On the other hand I can understand the frustration of your parents - two full years no job no matter what no matter full or part time etc. I am just guessing, but I think they fear the only way to make you find work is when it is working or not eating. Unless you have been out 8 hours a day looking for work then they have a reason to feel that way. It is a hard economy but there are jobs. My kids have all gotten jobs at 15 and onward even in this hard economy. I just have hard time believing you have applied at every business in town which is exactly what you do for 8 hours every day(your job all day long is getting a job) even when they are not looking most jobs are never advertised.

Check out day labor. You have to get up early in the morning, and stand in line with others, and construction crews and people who need other help will pick you up and take you to the work site and deliver you back when you're through.

Now, young man. Have you put in applications at all fast food restaurants? Have you thought about going to college. Have you checked out bus schedules in your town or city. It would help if I knew where you lived. There are services in larger cities and also colleges and you might be eligible for pell grants or some kind of scholarships. Have you tried cutting grass. Your dad probably has a lawnmower. Also, do you have some friends who might have leads on jobs and/or transportation. Please give me more info.

Source(s): me.

Well apply at all places and if that dsnt work u could start selling drugs or work at a strip club for guys but I doubt u want that you should go talk to managers of the places u are applying at and tell them to keep u in mind

Try to look for a job TRY TMP AGENCIES..

and your parents are prssuring you but dont worry its just to mak sure that you become more responsable and successfull in life!!

How hard have you really been looking? Two years? McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, etc etc etc. Also gas stations, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc etc etc. I doubt you have been trying very hard.

Two words. Try harder