is this a good story idea?

Main idea is That the girl starts her sophomore year, she soon discovers she has leukemia, she gets an entire makeover to make it look like she doesnt have cancer. Her friends think she looks like a whore and a 'lying *****' for telling them she has cancer for 'attention'. only one friend actually believes her, she meets a boy and develops a crush on him, he starts to like her back, he takes her out to an amusemen tpark and he goes to a kiosk to take a picture -foreshadowing alert- girl finds out the winter formal is in 6 days, she gets asked out by her boyfriend, the early morning of winter formal. she finds out she's ill and ends up in hospice. the boy thinks shes messing with him and tells her only friend to tell her hes brekaing up with her, she begins to cry, and demands her friend to unplug her life supprot machine, the nurse then the next morning tells the friend shes gonna be alright and to head to school. though, in 4th period the friend finds out the girl passed away. the boy gets the news, heads home and lights a candle next to the picture of him and the girl at the amusement park, asking himself why he didn't love her enough in the few months she was alive, right as the story ends, he kisses the picture of her on the lips.

Note: Excuse my atrocious grammar in the paragraph above. It's a half arsed summary of the book.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

as long as the characters are believable it's fine.

but i sense some flaws in your story.

if the girl has leukemia, why is she at school and not in the hospital trying to make a recovery?

second, it seems very unrealistic how her friends would leave her because they think she's asking for attention.

the guy, again, seems like an asshole if he doesn't believe her - you don't want to develop those douche-type main lead guys.

i'd say the idea is good, but the execution is a bit faulty.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I LOVE IT! The summary had me on the verge of tears! Definitely a good idea

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depends on how you handle it. If done well, I would sob bloody tears at the end.

And yes, that is a compliment.

• 8 years ago

Wow. This idea has potential. Please, don't mess it up. Make it good. Plenty of authors mess up perfectly good ideas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Sounds awesome. If you do it i want to read it :D

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.