Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Should bible study be a compulsory subject in school?

I think it should to show people the true word of God.

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

"True Word Of God"? Are you high or just delusional? Seriously... I need to now because I feel bad making fun of people with legitimate cognitive disabilities.

So, if we made it a requirement to read the bible, which version of "True Word Of God" would be the one to make kids read?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

King James Version (KJV)

The New King James Version (NKJV)

Modern King James Version [Green's Translation] (MKJV)

Literal Translation Version [Green] (LITV)

International Standard Version (ISV)

The New International Version (NIV)

English Standard Version (ESV)

New English Bible (NEB)

American Standard Version (ASV)

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Today's English Version (TEV)

The Living Bible (LB)

New Century Version (NC)

New Life Version (NLV)

New Living Translation (NLT)

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Revised Young's Literal Translation (RYLT)

John Darby's New Translation

Weymouth New Testament Translation

Rotherham's

(And the MANY MANY more that are too much to list here.)

What about the dozens of texts that have been "Edited Out" of the Bible?

► The History Channel: Banned From The Bible I & II

GoogleVideo Search: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=History+Chan...

What about the changes made at the First Council of Nicaea, the First Council of Constantinople, the First Council of Ephesus, etc. etc. etc.?

Christians can't even show that Jesus ever existed OR why HE was the "Real Messiah" while those dozens of other "Messiahs" were fruads...

► Rivals of Jesus | National Geographic Channel.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/riva...

► National Geographic: The First Jesus?

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/exped...

He called himself the King of the Jews, likely considered to be a Messiah. Just around Passover, the Romans killed him and crucified many of his followers outside Jerusalem. But his name was not Jesus... it was Simon, a self-proclaimed Messiah who died four years before Christ was born. Now, new analysis of a three-foot-tall stone tablet from the first century B.C., may speak of an early Messiah and his resurrection. We'll go to Israel to assess this unique and mysterious artifact, including comprehensive review of the script and content by a Dead Sea Scroll expert. Then, from Jerusalem to Jericho, we'll investigate key archeological ruins that could help prove Simon was indeed real.

Not to mention that if we allow YOUR mythology into the classroom, it would mean that we'd have to give equal time to the mythologies of the other 30,000+ gods, goddesses, and other forms of major and minor deities, demigods, and cults dreamed up by man... So we'd be eliminating ANY education on ANY other topic but the mental illness of theism.

• Velma
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

We have heard a lot about "dumbing down of America" for some time. I am not sure when that started but UCLA has been saying the High School senior SAT tests have been dropping alarmingly since 1962-63.

There is only one thing that coincides with those dates... the outlawing of Prayer and Bible reading in schools.

Coincidence you say? Rather a huge coincidence I'd say.

The Bible was used as a textbook when schools were first started in America, the only text book. To read the King James Bible one must read at 12 th grade level. Many of our statesmen in early America entered Colleges, such as Yale, Princeton, Harvard at age 13 & 14. One child qualified to be entered at age 71/2 but his parents decided to hold him back to enter with his peers at 13.

Even on this site 90% of users do not know the proper use of there and their nor can they spell, in spite of spell checker Their grammar is atroicous. I'll give you we can all miss one sometimes when we proof read or whatever but the glaring ones can not be mistaken for accidents. Part of the errors is due to not having pride in doing their best, sloppy and quick is OK. Christianity inspires people to do their best in all of life.

Yes we definitely need the Bible back in school in order to catch back up to the third world countries. i would qualify my answer with this: The Bible should be READ, without comment by the teacher.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sure, why not? Let the kids know that there are hundreds of contradictions in the Bible.

Here is a study plan for First Graders:

1. God is invisible and cannot be heard

John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16

2. God is seen and heard

Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/

Ex 24:9-11

3.. God is tired and rests

Ex 31:17

4.God is never tired and never rests

Is 40:28

5. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things

Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21

6.God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all

things

Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8

7. God is all powerful

Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26

8.God is not all powerful

Judges 1:19

9. God is unchangeable

James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19

10. God is changeable

Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/

Ex 33:1,3,17,14

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes, I feel bad for you that you're forced to be oppressed and force fed Islamic religion just as everyone in countries like yours are. If you believe in your religion, you also believe that 5.8billion people on this earth are going to eternal torment (hell) because they don't believe your religion. If you were born in America you'd probably be Christian.. if you were born in India you'd probably be Hindu.. if you were born thousands of years ago you'd believe in Zeus or Thor.. Religion is bullshit, seriously. Start doing some research about religions hypocrisy & contradictions. Read the book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I hope you see the light and become an Atheist lol I wish I was an Atheist at 14. EDIT: "Originally posted in Australia" You asshole..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

But that is not what would happen, so what's the point. Anyway there are so few compulsory subjects that that would amount to a criticism of school itself. Justified criticism.

There is a great book on the subject

Education's End: Why Our Colleges and Universities Have Given Up on the Meaning of Life

Anthony T. Kronman

• 9 years ago

Separate from Church and State and as soon as you connect them..then it will be the government telling you how to Worship..Not a good Idea.. Freedom of worship should be for all of us and not all of us worship exactly the same. How would you like to be rebuked cause you do not worship like the other guy. Your Walk with Jesus should be between you and Him and no other human should tell you ever how to pray, how to worship or what day you worship on that God has made Holy.Genesis 2:1,2 Gods Word Only, not Mans Tradition should be your Freedom...and in Schools they would teach you to follow the crowd....Then crowd is what killed Christ.

Source(s): KJV
  • Beulah
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes. But I also know that not everyone is, or wants to be a Christian.

Each religious group and non religious group should be free to supply teachers to the schools (at no cost to the education establishment) so the children of each faith group can get the type of teaching in religious studies that the parents wish.

It should not cost each group to much to supply a teacher and buy study material for say 2 hours a week. Of course parents should also see their children also learn at home also.

Beulah

• 9 years ago

At any private/parochial school, I think it would be appropriate to make study of their religious texts compulsory. However, at any public K-12 school, it would be completely inappropriate.

• 9 years ago

No Way! the schools are owned by the government. the government id owned and operated by satan.

bible study should be something elected by the individual and family. not crammed down any ones throat. Jehovah entreats mankind to seek him and his wisdom he dose not force feed us.even though some who claim to be christians would like to scare little children into with threats of hell and so forth to make them believe and ignore the teaching of the bible in favor of their lies.

forcing any religion is wrong. sharing is okay. but forcing it on school children is stupid. and would confuses them. epically if they were of another religion and are taught that faith at home.

it would be like what the theory of Evolution dose and they have enough to deal with that junk as it is.

Source(s): mean old lady
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Along with the religious texts for all of the religions of the world.

Source(s): Oh my god that actually sounds pretty cool. :)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.