Can a metal detector find a key?

I was about to mow the lawn and the picnic table snagged the strap of my keys. The keychain bent somehow and keys came off. Found all right there but the one to unlock my car. The grass is kind of long. I'm seriously considering going and buying a metal detector. Will a standard metal detector pick up a car key?

If so, where is the best place to get one, and can I return it already opened?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes,

Source(s): old timer
  • 4 years ago

Rent Metal Detector Home Depot

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Metal Detector Rental Home Depot

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can a metal detector find a key?

I was about to mow the lawn and the picnic table snagged the strap of my keys. The keychain bent somehow and keys came off. Found all right there but the one to unlock my car. The grass is kind of long. I'm seriously considering going and buying a metal detector. Will a standard metal...

Source(s): metal detector find key: https://biturl.im/a5yzC
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Hello Who Cares,

This is Shecandoit22 from Home Depot.

Yes a metal detector will detect a key.

Not sure where your located but just about any sporting goods store should carry them.

I verified that most of the major companies carry them here in California.

Hope you find your car keys soon. Good luck

• 10 years ago

I bought a metal detector several years ago and it would pick up a key with no problems.

• Jim W
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Yes it will detect a key if it is metal. It will also find coins and pull tabs. Call the local coin shops you may find a rental or they may have a demo unit. Also ask your neighbors or try C-list and free cycle. There are many machines out there that are just sitting in the closets. Also try the thrift shops. You do not need a new machine just one that works.

• KMA
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Don't suppose you have a magnet of any sort? They are much cheaper than a metal detector. Even the type Roofers use to pick up nails.Try that first.

Now then,the key couldn't have gone too far. I would mark off a 3'x3' area, get down on my hands and knees and slowly, carefully and patiently sweep the grass.

Don't forget to look on the cross brace of the table on the very off chance it never made it to the ground.

Good luck!

Source(s): a real nack for finding things in my yard.
  • 10 years ago

did you check in the lawn mower or between the slats on the picnic table?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.