getting unemployment in wa state?

If i quit my job due to being sick.and.didn't have sick time because my employer was unsanitary making us share desks and phones what is the chance ill get it the unemployment office said it'd be 50/50 because I was sick and had no sick time. I know every state has different guidelines I'm not interested in knowing Texas or cali just in WASHINGTON

7 Answers

Relevance
  • kelly
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

They look at each case individually, so this is a question for the government, but general rule of thumb: if you make the choice to quit you aren't rewarded with benefits.

You can contact them through here: http://www.esd.wa.gov/uibenefits/

• 8 years ago

No employer has to provide sick time, You quit your job so you do not qualify for unemployment. If you do not like sharing a desk and phone get a job in another field or learn to clean before you use it is not the employers job to clean up after employees

• 8 years ago

Your chances of getting unemployment are extremely low. You chose to quit your job and stop earning a paycheck. Regardless of the reasons, you are now unemployed by personal choice. Your former employer is not going to lie and say that you were laid off through no fault of your own so that you can collect. You choose to quit, and you choose to live off your savings until you can get a new job. It's that simple. You are not entitled to unemployment compensation. You may not agree with this, but the facts speak for themselves.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yours is not the first job to share desks and phones. If you truly believed this was unsanitary, you could have taken antiseptic wipes and wiped down the surfaces each day. No one else is going to believe this was the sole cause of you getting sick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

If you quit, you don't get UE. UE is for those who lose their job through no fault of their own, not for those who voluntarily leave their job.

Sharing desks and phones? That's your angle? You have a zero percent chance of getting unemployment.

• 8 years ago

You had better run your circumstances by the washington unemployment department for an exact answer.

• 4 years ago

No job. No insurance. Call your county social worker and see if they can help. Hospitals and ER's will treat for free sometimes too. Look for local free clinics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.