50mg Zoloft and I feel soooo high?

I have never taken medication like this before, but I have been to a doctor recently because I keep getting anxious in big open spaces and around strangers (yet I can manage to teach a class of 20 students who are only like 3 years younger than me), anyway I guess I was a bit depressed as well but I wasn't... show more I have never taken medication like this before, but I have been to a doctor recently because I keep getting anxious in big open spaces and around strangers (yet I can manage to teach a class of 20 students who are only like 3 years younger than me), anyway I guess I was a bit depressed as well but I wasn't thinking of harming myself or anything, I think there are lots of great tings about my life and I have nice friends and a good family.. Anyway the doctor gave me 50mg Zoloft which is supposed to get rid of the anxiety so I can "relearn" that those situations are not dangerous (sitting in a busy restaurant for example). For the first 3 days I have to take half a pill (so 25mg) and that's what I've been doing. This is just the second day and on friday I take a whole 50mg pill and continue like that. I am really worried though because I feel properly drugged :( my pupils are huge and I feel like really dopey and drowsy and dazed, as if I'm sedated. It scares me, although my "anxiety" has completely disappeared I wonder if the pills are too strong for me. I don't want to be in a constant drugged zombie-like state, because my issues were not THAT bad. is this drugged feeling likely to go away or worsen when I take the whole 50mg pill. Is this a strong dose?
6 answers 6