Algebra Hw Help Please!?

Hey, I have some questions compound inequalities.

1: Martys allowance is doubled and is now between 10 dollars and 15 dollars, inclusive (WHAT DOES INCLUSIVE MEAN?). What amount could his allowance have been before the increase?

2: Bobs car can travel between 380 and 410 miles on a full tank of gas. he filled his car and drove 45 miles. How many more miles can he drive without running out of gas?

Thanks so much!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

10<=2x<=15

5<=x<=7.5

where x is his initial allowance.

Inclusive means including those at the end. If it were not inclusive, it would be 5<a<7.5, excluding 5 and 7.5

380<x+45<410

335<x<365

where x is the distance he can drive. Since he already drove 45 miles, subtract 45 from both sides.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Inclusive means a range of numbers includes the first and last number and all numbers in between.

So if Martys allowance is doubled and is now between 10 dollars and 15 dollars then his allowance before was between 5 dollars and 7 dollars and 50 cents.

2.I am not sure on this question but if his car could drive between 380 and 410 miles and he only drove 45 miles then I am assuming that he can drive up to335 miles and 365 miles. I am not sure once again.

• 8 years ago

• 8 years ago

inclusive means it "includes" the original amount.

1. $5-7.50

2. 335-365 miles

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.