Can someone overlook this job for me..im not sure what to think. Is it legal?

Good day,

I am ------ would be interested in offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn alot.I just resigned my job as a research scientist for ARINI(Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland(www.arini.ac.uk) but I still work as a freelance consultant for the instistute which gives me very much time to do my own work which is basically being a freelance researcher who could be employed by research institutes to do research projects anywhere in the world.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR Me?

Presently, I have just been granted a funding to head a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon, However my funding where by My UK counterparts which sent me the bunch of payments mostly in UK based CHEQUES.

Getting an accountant in the UK or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime.

So presently, assuming you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the UK, this way I could issue and make these money orders out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these CHEQUE as your commission and then send the rest back to me through Western Union wire transfer.

JOB DESCRIPTION?

1. Receive payment from Clients

2. Cash Payments at your Bank

3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?

10% from each operation! For instance: you receive £4,000 via cheques on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep £400 (10% from £4,000) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 15%!

ADVANTAGES

You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to £1,200-£2,000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You do not need any capital to start. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS

18 years or older legally capable responsible ready to work 3-4 hours per week.with PC knowledge e-mail and internet experience (minimal)

And please know that Everything is absolutely LEGAL, that's why You have to fill a contract!

If you are interested in our offer, please reply with the below details:

EMPLOYMENT FORM

FIRST NAME…

SURNAME……

ADDRESS......

CITY…………..

STATE………..

POST CODE…

COUNTRY……

PHONE NUMBER (S) ………

OCCUPATION………………..

GENDER………………………

MARITAL STATUS…………

AGE……………………………

NATIONALITY………………

------------------

What do you think? Is it real? and is it legal if i did do it?

Thanks guys i have emailed him and said i don't want to receive anything from him..if he does send something il report to police

Favorite Answer

Bin it..if it sounds to good to be true, then generally thats exactly what it is..sounds like a case of money laundering to me...

If they send you anything turn it over to the police with copies of all emails

This is a classic money laundering scam - it's completely illegal

Its illegal to process business transactions through a personal banking account. This can only be done through a merchant banking account. By using a personal account they are committing tax evasion and evading reporting requirements as well as committing bank fraud

• Jan

No it is not legal because there is a company from overseas that tried to employ people in the UK to do exactly what you have said and it is a con, it is something to do with money laundering through Western Union. Your letter says the cheques have to be put into the persons bank account etc, do you realise this affects their annual income for the tax office? You can advertise for an assistant and open a bank account in your own name for them to put the cheques into and you would have to be registered at Companies House. Good luck

It is a scam they send you check you cash it the bank holds it for 24 hours you take it keep some for yourself... send them the rest then about 2 -3 month later the check bounces and your responsible for repayment to the bank.. the perso you sent the money to is long gone

• ipoian

Dear friend, this is a money laundering scam - believe me. And it's been going on a long time. About six years ago I almost fell for this scam and had to get the police involved. So, dump this or, if you are up to it, report this to the police. Check out this website:

• JZD

Of course it's a scam!

You express interest and then the demands for various made-up fees start arriving.

When you get one about using your account to lodge lots of cash for a dodgy ex-dictator, they're scams too!

You have to think to yourself, in these times of 'financial difficulties' how likely is a genuine employer going to approach you, a potential employee? They wouldn't as they have people fighting over positions left right and center.

I don't like to conjecture but the others have given viable reasons for him approaching you.

• tagboy

Honey this is a scam the checks you receive are worthlessness and by time they clear the bank you would have sent them the money and your on the hook o make them good. And please know that Everything is absolutely LEGAL not by a long shot. Look up money scams, There are a million and one scams on the net and people fall for them every day

http://www.google.com/search?q=money+scams&ie=utf-...

It is a scam, and stay away from it. What they will do later is get your banking details and empty your account. there are variations of this always being emailed out.

• Sarky

Throw it in the bin and do not reply (whoops too late) or you will receive a load more spam etc.