Can someone overlook this job for me..im not sure what to think. Is it legal?

Good day, I am ------ would be interested in offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn alot.I just resigned my job as a research scientist for ARINI(Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland(www.arini.ac.uk) but I still work as a freelance consultant for the instistute which gives me... show more Good day,
I am ------ would be interested in offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn alot.I just resigned my job as a research scientist for ARINI(Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland(www.arini.ac.uk) but I still work as a freelance consultant for the instistute which gives me very much time to do my own work which is basically being a freelance researcher who could be employed by research institutes to do research projects anywhere in the world.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR Me?
Presently, I have just been granted a funding to head a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon, However my funding where by My UK counterparts which sent me the bunch of payments mostly in UK based CHEQUES.
Getting an accountant in the UK or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime.
So presently, assuming you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the UK, this way I could issue and make these money orders out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these CHEQUE as your commission and then send the rest back to me through Western Union wire transfer.

JOB DESCRIPTION?
1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10% from each operation! For instance: you receive £4,000 via cheques on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep £400 (10% from £4,000) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 15%!

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to £1,200-£2,000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You do not need any capital to start. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS
18 years or older legally capable responsible ready to work 3-4 hours per week.with PC knowledge e-mail and internet experience (minimal)
And please know that Everything is absolutely LEGAL, that's why You have to fill a contract!
If you are interested in our offer, please reply with the below details:

EMPLOYMENT FORM
FIRST NAME…
SURNAME……
ADDRESS......
CITY…………..
STATE………..
POST CODE…
COUNTRY……
PHONE NUMBER (S) ………
OCCUPATION………………..
GENDER………………………
MARITAL STATUS…………
AGE……………………………
NATIONALITY………………

------------------

What do you think? Is it real? and is it legal if i did do it?
Update: Thanks guys i have emailed him and said i don't want to receive anything from him..if he does send something il report to police