Southerners, Why do you insist on flying the Confederate flag?

The bible says Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

@answerer Because black people see the confederate flag as an offensive symbol of racism, which causes them to hate which the bible says hate is wrong.

• KLD
    Favorite Answer

How are you going to compare the flag, which has no spiritual meaning, to eating meat offered to idols, which had a spiritual meaning? You're comparing apples to oranges. The American flag that the Union carried could have meant the same thing because the union had slavery as well. Paul said, "let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath day" (Col. 2:16). The passage you were referring in Romans 14 had to do with the weak brother and the strong brother, and it dealt with things that the weaker brother was still holding onto from the old law (OT law).

If we are going to apply the confederate battle flag to this list, why not add abortion, homosexual marriage, taking money from someone else that was not earned by them, etc.? All these are also discussed as things that offends God, so they should offend other Christians, right?

"The bible says Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall."

And what does any of this have to do with the confederate flag... ?

• Selar

The confederate flag is not a hate symbol to blacks. And many do not look at it that way. Infact any black person I have ever talked to is not offended by it at all.

• It actually is/was not the official flag of the CSA or so I have heard. It was a battle flag, so you could tell your guys from the other guys. I am not a sotherner, I am not a yankee, I am a westerner and I dont really have a strong opinion about flags, but if it were me I would quit using it. But whatever, the south can do what it wants. Here in the West it means "I am racist", but it probs means something else over there.

• I have never flown a confederate flag and never will. I find it a pointless waste of time and they seem to be going for another war by using that and their slogan, "The south will rise again."

And if it does, the North will rise higher and whoop our asses again.

Source(s): That war was lost and won almost 200 years ago, get the f*ck over it.

To me the Stars and Bars represent resentment of the repressive regime of the north (Washington DC) against the south !

Why do northerners insist upon burning the flag.

hmm

• It's because they are bigots who think that it was a great idea to fight in the civil war in the first place.

• They keep forgetting the @ss pounding that Ulysses S. Grant gave them.