Do both people have to be present when registering a car in both names?

I am registering my first car and it's gonna be in mine and my mothers name. But she is in another state & she can't make it down here. The insurance is in her name so we must have the car in both our names. Do we both have to go to the DMV office to sign or can I just go and maybe she can fax her signature or call or do something else? Any help or advice is great! Thx

Favorite Answer

She MUST sign the original copies of the paperwork (no fax allowed). As long as she signs all the necessary stuff, you can take the paperwork to DMV to finish the process.

Source(s): I'm an auto insurance claims adjuster.
  • casias

LOL yea next time you extra constructive think again your plan lots extra constructive you're caught along with her for now its no longer that easy and if it have been adult adult males could be dumping thier girlfriends names appropriate and left. sooner or later shelter your guy or woman businuess and issues like this do no longer take place. Lesson discovered. I recommend you sell the vehicle and purchase something else so she has to sign off the call get a nicer vehicle and once you pass to the dmv she will comprehend what interest your as much as and specific kick yourr butt out besides. stable success to have been given your nuts in a vise now