If evolution is false...?
that would mean that no new genetic information would be addable through mutation, right? Each creature sticks to its "kind" and this classification of kind keeps all life within the bounds of their species, unable to evolve into anything else.
Does that sound about right, creationists?
Now consider the further implications of this. All humans share 99.9% of their genetic code meaning that the code that differentiates all people is not that vast. Without evolution nothing will change in that shared human 99.9% since we all have it and new information can't be added.
That means there's a very finite number of possible combinations within that 0.1% of information that makes us different. As time goes by and the population expands the number of combinations that have never happened in a human before will be outnumbered by the number of combinations that have already happened.
That means, after a certain point people will be giving birth to genetically identical copies of people who've died long ago. After a certain greater point it will be impossible to give birth to someone who isn't a clone of some on whose been born before. Mathematically there must be an upper limit of possible genetic code combinations and if the population is high enough (likely several time more people than the Earth can actually support) there would be a point where nobody could be born that didn't have an identical twin born by another mother.
So my questions:
Does this freak you out?
Does this idea have some fundamental flaw? (aside from assuming evolution is impossible)
Could this be what was meant in Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."? Could that mean in the 1000 year period mentioned in revelation the population grows so high that genetic reincarnations of Ghandi, Hitler, Siting Bull, Queen Victoria and every other person that ever lived become mathematically inevitable?
1) Theories can be true. "Germ Theory", for example. If you think "theory" is the same as "not true" you have no idea what anybody is talking about.
2) I never said evolution is not true. This is a hypothetical thought experiment looking at the implied genetic consequences of Semitic creationist doctrine.
3) Because taking a false premise to its logical conclusion is a valid method of identifying flaws in that premise and it's kind of fun to freak someone out about their own religion. It's also an amusing philosophical exercise.
4) 49 chromosomes? A very interesting angle bringing up the much broader philosophical discussion of what makes a human a human. HELA cells contain human DNA. Does that make them human? What about a futuristic android like the replicants from Blade Runner? Is there some ineffable quality that defines humanity or do you consider anythign that pops out of a human vagina human by default. It's a wonderfully deep subject.
5) there's always math involved. There are 46 diploid chromosomes each containing a finite number of genetic base pairs (A,G,T or C). That means there's a large but still finite number of ways you can arrange those pairs and still come out with a viable human fetus. It's the same concept of any single area code only being able to contain a maximum of 10,000,000 possible phone number combinations. The human "area code", if such a thing is definable, will only contain a finite maximum number of genetic A/G/T/C combinations.
- Simon TLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
I suspect that using big words and math is going to confuse your target audience.
- In His FlockLv 48 years ago
No, that is not what revelation is talking about. It is talking about a literal Resurrection of the dead.
No it doesn't freak me out. Having the same genetics isn't particularly crazy and doesn't mean that you will turn out like the previous person with the same genetics. Look at identical twins, yes they have the same genetics, look the same, talk the same, but are more different in their personalities than they are similar.
- Anonymous8 years ago
Firstly evolution isn't false, it's called a theory because everything in science is always open to change, unlike religion. Secondly even if there was only 1,000 bits of dna which could change (out of millions) that would leave 2^1000 combinations, which is 1.07150861e301 humans.
Richard Dawking covers on it a bit in that video someone made.
- torpex2002Lv 78 years ago
All humans share 99.9% of their genetic code?
Most humans have 46 chromosomes, do you not count those with 47, 48 or 49 chromosomes as human then?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Dr FluffyLv 58 years ago
If I & most others never win the lottery with only 50 different numbers to choose from I think the .1% is probably sufficient for differences.
But anyway,I like your theory, it could fit...although why are you trying to line science up with what you think is poppycock ?
- lilbizzy1861Lv 58 years ago
Lol. You are trying to apply mathematics to explain life? I'm sorry to say, No there is no mathematical equation or logarithm that explains it. Silly scientists.
- LineDancerLv 78 years ago
Just in case no one told you, evolution is still considered a theory. How, then, can it be true?
"If you think "theory" is the same as "not true" you have no idea what anybody is talking about."
Definition of the word "theory":"A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact." Did you get that? A theory is a PROPOSED explanation whose status is still conjectural. Apparently, you don't know the difference between conjecture and fact. A fact is true. Conjecture is not. However, if you still want to believe that you came from a gorilla, be my guest.
- Rolando C ILv 68 years ago
Trying to prove evolution is only hearsay.
- just becauseLv 58 years ago
but each person is fearfully and wonderfully made by God, so there are unlimited possibilities with creation. maybe even more then with evolution.