What are some important things to have in a report about spice?

I'm suppose to be writing a report about it, but i don't know all that much on it. PLEASE HELP!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Encyclopedia says:

A spice is a dried seed, fruit, root, bark, or vegetative substance used in nutritionally insignificant quantities as a food additive for flavor, color, or as a preservative that kills harmful bacteria or prevents their growth. It may be used to flavor a dish or to hide other flavors. In the kitchen, many spices are used for other purposes, such as medicine, religious rituals, cosmetics, perfumery, or for eating as vegetables. For example, turmeric is also used as a preservative; liquorice as a medicine; garlic as a vegetable.

I say in simple language:

All those brown, yellow and orange smelly powders in your kitchen are spices all the leafy green ones are herbs.

Look up on trade in the far east because Spices were very important, they could only be found in the east. The Spice Trade was important in the ancient world it was an extremely long trade route goods following the route could come from Northern China and end up in the England.

Good link for the Spice Trade - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_trade

Source(s): Male 20 England
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.