Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Is Amanda Knox guilty or innocent?

Biolexis I appreciate your viewpoint and information on Italy's judicial/legal system. I personally think she probably did have something to do with it - how much I don't know. I don't have a quarrel with Italy b/c I'm not living in your country. Whatever information I have is based on other people's viewpoints. I would have to live there and experience the culture in order to make any determination. In any event this case should be about facts and not nationalism, but unfortunately has devolved into such. I just hope true justice will be done, and I am very sad for Kercher and her family, who are grieving. God bless.

• Favorite Answer

I'm Italian, from Rome, and I'm following right now all the news about this case. In less than two or three hours the ultimate decision will be taken.

In my opinion, Amanda and Raffaele are guilty, doesn't matter if they physically killed Meredith or not, I think they had a role in all this. But I could be wrong.

I actually don't want to see necessarely Amanda and Raffaele behind jail bars. I want to see there the real murderer and whoever took part in this crime. And, if the court finds them guilty, justice will be served.

If the court, time after the passing of the judgement, will realize that something went wrong and Amanda and Raffaele were innocent, and the real guilty preferably taken, they will be set free.

And, according to Italian law, there's a conspicuous indemnifications for convicetd people who are found innocent aferwards.

EXCLUSIVELY to all those Americans who say that Italian justice is screwed up, unfair and pokey I'd like to remember just one thing:

"IN ITALY, WE DON'T KILL PEOPLE IN JAIL AS U.S. DO.

If we make a mistake (and EVERY COURT OF EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD CAN MAKE MISTAKES), we can remedy it. In most cases, you can not."

.

____________________________

Source(s): My Dear, it definitely shoud be not about nationalism, as you correctly say. Justice should be justice anywhere at anytime. Greetings from Rome, hope you'll have the fortune to visit this wonderful country. :)

I am Irish but I was living and working in Italy at the time of poor Miss Kercher's death. I am no fan of Italy nor of the people there. However, I will add this - there is no doubt that Miss Knox had her part to play in Miss Kercher's death. The submission of a credible alibi was all that was needed to disprove that fact and after 4 years, she still does not have one.

Political pressures and US media campaign apart, I think Knox won't be found guilty just because the evidences seems to play in her favour. As far as I know, the trial seems to be based on circumstantial evidences. However, I think she was deeply involved in the murder of Kercher.

There's another element that sides with Knox... there's a black african that has already dealt a 16 year sentence: maybe the court could think it's fair enough.

-----------

Well, I can say that I'm the winner :D

(joking)

Source(s): I'm italian, living in East Asia.
  • Mike

Guilty.

shes innocent