Homeschool or public schools?

I would love love love to homeschool my 2 sons. I have a 3 year old & a 6 month old. But I notice that it's not that accepted these days. Even when I talked to my mom about it... she seemed like it was a horrible idea. But I am a great teacher. Never been to school for it but my 3 year old is super smart. He... show more I would love love love to homeschool my 2 sons. I have a 3 year old & a 6 month old. But I notice that it's not that accepted these days. Even when I talked to my mom about it... she seemed like it was a horrible idea. But I am a great teacher. Never been to school for it but my 3 year old is super smart. He knows & recognizes his ABCs, knows all their sounds, also he knows how to count 1-30 & recognizes it all. He even recognizes the number 100. He also is starting to read. He knows & recognizes words like cat, dog, elephant & bubble. He will try to spell out other words. It's so cute. He also knows & recognizes all his shapes & colors. Next year I was thinking about putting him into public schools. What is it like these days, public schools? I just have heard so much about how society has changed & they are so hard on kids these days. But maybe it would be good for him? Any opinions would be great, thank you! :)
Update: @Serb & to whoever liked that person's comment. Your comment disgusted me. Just b/c people homeschool doesn't mean their children are going to end up a freakin sociopath. My god! My son is very social, he says hi to anyone on the street... hell even when we are stopped at a stop sign he says hello to the people on... show more @Serb & to whoever liked that person's comment. Your comment disgusted me. Just b/c people homeschool doesn't mean their children are going to end up a freakin sociopath. My god! My son is very social, he says hi to anyone on the street... hell even when we are stopped at a stop sign he says hello to the people on the corner waiting to cross. & my son has never been in a daycare. He was born a social creature. I don't appreciate any opinions that are ill & talk crap on children, get a life & stop talking crap on little kids.
Update 2: Wow so far I've gotten 6 comments that are for public schools. Like I said homeschooling is no longer accepted in our society and I think that's pretty ridiculous. Homeschooled children are known for being way more educated then public school children. They go off to college early & do wonderful with their lives. A... show more Wow so far I've gotten 6 comments that are for public schools. Like I said homeschooling is no longer accepted in our society and I think that's pretty ridiculous. Homeschooled children are known for being way more educated then public school children. They go off to college early & do wonderful with their lives. A public school teacher teaches 20+ kids. They don't get the individual attention that is sometimes needed. But also I think about my sons having some great friends, going to dances & all that great stuff :) I would love for them to experience that. Sports too!! :) :) Anyway I would LOVE to hear from some homeschool mothers that have been strong enough to go against the system and have a great story to tell! :)