Logan
Lv 7
Logan asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What is your favorite Sidney Lumet movie?

BQ how would you spend your birthday if it was today?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • emjob
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

12 Angry Men

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

I can't choose between them, I love both these movies. Although I suppose '12 Angry Men' is THE classic and 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' is very bleak in places. But outstanding!

BQ: I'd probably still be in work! But I'd buy lots of cakes for everyone to share :)

• Sheila
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

When I realized that Sidney Lumet made two really great movies spanning FIFTY YEARS (12 Angry Men, '57, and Before the Devils Knows You're Dead, '07) I went on a binge watching many of the ones in between: Running on Empty, The Verdict, Pawnbroker, Long Day's Journey into Night, Serpico, and Find Me Guilty. There's two others I'd already seen - Dog Day Afternoon and Network.

Favorite is not a surprise: Dog Day Afternoon.

One I think is underrated is Find Me Guilty. Serpico was a little overrated.

If it was my birthday today I'd watch a couple more.

• JL
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Hands down my favorite Lumet movie is 12 Angry Men. It's just a brilliant film. From the direction to the cinematography to the acting and the script. All great. Even more impressive: it was Lumet's feature film directorial debut. Now THAT is a debut.

BQ: Sleeping. I'm in serious need of some after very few hours of sleep over the last couple days lol

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Last Saturday, April 9, movie director Sidney Lumet passed away from ... film, 2007's Before the Devil Knows Your Dead, ranks among his best.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

I under no circumstances particularly had a brilliant gamble to get deeper into his movies, a minimum of no longer yet. For the main suitable 5 of his movies that I even have considered, however: a million. community 2. 12 indignant men 3. till now the devil knows you're ineffective 4. canine Day Afternoon 5. homicide on the Orient convey BQ: i could say 2 or 3. R.I.P

• 8 years ago

Favorite: 12 Angry Men (1957)

Runners up: Network, Dog Day Afternoon and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

BQ: Sleep in late, Chinese take-out for lunch, and a nice seafood dinner at great place that I know.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Dog Day Afternoon

Serpico

• Mack
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Serpico

IF it wa my Birthday, I would take you to a Movie! Hope yours was lovely!

• 8 years ago

Dog Day Afternoon

If it was my birthday I would go hang-gliding.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.