Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Logan
Logan asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

What is your favorite Sidney Lumet movie?

BQ how would you spend your birthday if it was today?

• emjob
    Favorite Answer

12 Angry Men

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

I can't choose between them, I love both these movies. Although I suppose '12 Angry Men' is THE classic and 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' is very bleak in places. But outstanding!

BQ: I'd probably still be in work! But I'd buy lots of cakes for everyone to share :)

• ?

When I realized that Sidney Lumet made two really great movies spanning FIFTY YEARS (12 Angry Men, '57, and Before the Devils Knows You're Dead, '07) I went on a binge watching many of the ones in between: Running on Empty, The Verdict, Pawnbroker, Long Day's Journey into Night, Serpico, and Find Me Guilty. There's two others I'd already seen - Dog Day Afternoon and Network.

Favorite is not a surprise: Dog Day Afternoon.

One I think is underrated is Find Me Guilty. Serpico was a little overrated.

If it was my birthday today I'd watch a couple more.

• ?

Hands down my favorite Lumet movie is 12 Angry Men. It's just a brilliant film. From the direction to the cinematography to the acting and the script. All great. Even more impressive: it was Lumet's feature film directorial debut. Now THAT is a debut.

BQ: Sleeping. I'm in serious need of some after very few hours of sleep over the last couple days lol

Last Saturday, April 9, movie director Sidney Lumet passed away from ... film, 2007's Before the Devil Knows Your Dead, ranks among his best.

I under no circumstances particularly had a brilliant gamble to get deeper into his movies, a minimum of no longer yet. For the main suitable 5 of his movies that I even have considered, however: a million. community 2. 12 indignant men 3. till now the devil knows you're ineffective 4. canine Day Afternoon 5. homicide on the Orient convey BQ: i could say 2 or 3. R.I.P

Favorite: 12 Angry Men (1957)

Runners up: Network, Dog Day Afternoon and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead.

BQ: Sleep in late, Chinese take-out for lunch, and a nice seafood dinner at great place that I know.

Dog Day Afternoon

Serpico

• ?

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

Serpico

IF it wa my Birthday, I would take you to a Movie! Hope yours was lovely!

Dog Day Afternoon

If it was my birthday I would go hang-gliding.