Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 9 years ago

PSU help for system build?

Will this PSU Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply work for this setup?

cpu: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

motherboard: MSI 760GM-P33 AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX

ram: G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333

video card: PowerColor AX6770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5

hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM

optical drive: Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B

case: COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower

Fan:COOLER MASTER R4-C2R-20AC-GP 120mm Case Fan

• Goerge
    Favorite Answer

One of the hungriest components in a build is usually the graphic card(s). This is why these components will USUALLY have the minimum power necessary posted. If it is not there you can usually look at another 6770 with similar specs I find that it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... says System Requirements: Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.. This says to me that your 650W PSU will be more than enough for this build. If I still couldn't find the power I would google the card and the manufacturer's website to find the specs there. If I was still lost I would go here http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/ . That site considers most every aspect of your computer including customizations like more fans, overclocking, capacitor aging( simulated age ), RAM sticks, DVD and or Blu-ray drives etc. to be able to come up with a fairly accurate suggestion for you.

i might wait a splash longer till the unsuitable sandy bridge contraptions have be fixed The sandy bridge chip contraptions on the MB are inflicting the SATA connectors to fail after specific mount of use, yet now they seem to resolved the project and important company's have merely began delivery lower back

Possibly just enough. Others may not be noticing you appear to be using two (2) video cards. Recommend 800w myself.

Yeah, that will work great. In fact, the EA-500D would work great, also. But there's nothing wrong with going another size up.

Perfect for your build rating of a 9.5 ,

650watt ATX is enough