Anonymous

Would Astronomy 101 be difficult for someone who failed Biology?

I need an extra lab science to get my diploma when I achieve my AA, I failed Biology the first year of high school and only passed second time around cause my cousin is an RN and helped a lot. I have passed all other Sciences (Earth, Physical) With ease, and am *okay* at math.

Astronomy seems very interesting but I am unaware of the difficulty... Should I at least try?

Favorite Answer

I took astronomy and bio in college in lieu of taking two math courses, because I don't like math and am not that great at it. Hated bio [as I did in high school], but did OK. Astronomy was harder than I thought it would be, but I didn't have the advanced math that I should have had and I also hadn't taken physics. I managed to get a B, though. Fortunately, it wasn't a lab science at my school.

If you passed Earth sciences and Physics with ease, you should do great in Astronomy. At the basic level there is no Biology and barely any math involved, and you will be fine.

Yes, I have an implicit-identic memory (which basically means I can remember anything and everything as long as I concentrate, it also means I've never studied in my entire lifetime because I pay attention in class and hold a 108 average in all my subjects combined) and I had more difficulty in astronomy than anything else in my entire life besides AP Calculus 2 in high school.

It sound doable