I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 18, is it legal to date with out having sex in the state of New Mexico?

Okay I know what you all are thinking but I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and he is only 3 and 1/2 years older than me. I love this boy & he loves me. I want whats best for him and I was wondering if it was legal to date without sex. Will my mom need to write a note? I'd also appreciate those who answer to provide website information so I can double check. I'd really apperciate the help c:

We have never had sex before.

Favorite Answer

Like my colleagues have pointed out, no state in the U.S. has laws that regulate "dating." As long as your mother is okay with it, it's fine. (This is because you're a minor. Your mother, as your legal guardian, may legal prevent people from spending time around you if she wishes.)

However, any sexual conduct between the two of you in New Mexico is illegal if he's four or more years older than you, and this will remain so until you turn 17.

Its legal, you dont need a note. In this country your free to go wherever you wish with whoever you wish, as long as your not having sex with someone above 18. And the only one at risk in that situation is him, not you.

Ya he is a perverted child molester