Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsSculpture · 8 years ago

is there some way to bake Claytoon "Never Hardens" modeling clay?

I bought it without checking if it was sculpting clay and now I'm kinda stuck with it. I tried baking it in my oven but it just melted, is there any way I can get it to harden? I know that I can just go buy some sculpting clay, but it feels like a waste.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It may be a happy accident

I do a number of things in ceramic clay that is fired in the kilns

I make a few molds - For mold making I use plasticine - probably similar to your clay

Mold making lets you make multiples of fairly detailed pieces

I have made plaster molds and silicone molds

Mold making is different but could be interesting.

You could also just sculpt with the clay and keep your finished piece out of direct sunlight and heat sources - the piece could last decades

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is there some way to bake Claytoon "Never Hardens" modeling clay?

I bought it without checking if it was sculpting clay and now I'm kinda stuck with it. I tried baking it in my oven but it just melted, is there any way I can get it to harden? I know that I can just go buy some sculpting clay, but it feels like a waste.

Source(s): bake claytoon quot hardens quot modeling clay: https://tr.im/iBdrO
  • 3 years ago

Claytoon Clay

• 8 years ago

Simple answer - NO

You bought modeling clay. Modeling clay is oil and wax moistened and never hardens. Use it for making models for molding. Go buy polymer or air dry clay for hardening.

Or you could get into claymation - need a camera - but that costs more than correct clay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dierks
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Claytoon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.