What made musket rifles better than bows?

I was just wondering this because if you could reload a bow faster than a musket, couldn't you easily wipe out a line of musketeers faster than they could kill a group of archers? I just never could understand how the muskets became the most popular weapon of the age. I know that it takes a musket a minute to... show more I was just wondering this because if you could reload a bow faster than a musket, couldn't you easily wipe out a line of musketeers faster than they could kill a group of archers? I just never could understand how the muskets became the most popular weapon of the age. I know that it takes a musket a minute to fire 2-3 shots on average, however, for a bow it takes a few seconds to fire one shot. What exactly made them more superior? Also if your answer is the ammo they used, I realize that the muskets used lead bullets (which was like a big "**** you" if you happened to survive the first blow and then have to deal with the lead poisoning and the difficulty to remove it) and bows used a "hook-like" tip where it would cause more damage upon removal. But still, a faster reload would make it seem like less people would die on the archer side. And I do know that muskets weren't always accurate (bows would be harder to aim as well, so I would say even on that) and then you have to deal with the misfire of muskets and bows having no misfire. It just honestly confuses me so if you could lighten my knowledge, that will be great.

Also take note, I'm not talking about modern weapons and I realize that muskets were the foundation to the guns we see today. Obviously, modern guns are better than bows. I just mean that age and what caused them to use muskets as their main weapon in warfare.

And feel free to use battle examples such as when Native-Americans fought against various American forces before they were given guns.

Thanks in advance.
Update: With the armor thing, you forget that during the time when they would use muskets they were not using any armor, just clothes (uniforms). An arrow could easily penetrate it, so armor is a veto. Still good points though, don't get me wrong. I'm using everyone's answers to put this together. Keep them coming. show more With the armor thing, you forget that during the time when they would use muskets they were not using any armor, just clothes (uniforms). An arrow could easily penetrate it, so armor is a veto. Still good points though, don't get me wrong. I'm using everyone's answers to put this together.

Keep them coming.