How do women feel about this?

Do to rules and work regulations one is unable to wear the wedding rings that have a stone that sticks out. Most all of them do. If one was to take the rings in have the stone removed making the ring more of a band and then take the stone making it into a necklace? There by making it wearable if not the band at... show more Do to rules and work regulations one is unable to wear the wedding rings that have a stone that sticks out. Most all of them do. If one was to take the rings in have the stone removed making the ring more of a band and then take the stone making it into a necklace? There by making it wearable if not the band at least the stone. I just don't know how some would take this would they rather it remain in tack for sentimental reason or would it be exceptable?
Update: I have received some great feedback/advice now it is up to me in choosing a good answers to which I also find difficult. As much as I'm leaning towards two. I'm still torn between them. So I'm going to allow it to be voted on by the community.