Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

My aunt is trying to get my dad to divorce my mom and move in with her. How can I stop her?

My aunt's husband left her about four months ago, good for him, I say, I'm just surprised he didn't drop the unbearable ***** years ago. The point is my aunt doesn't like being without a man, so she's been pretending to be emotionally damaged to get my dad (her brother) to come over and spend huge amounts of time with her, doing God only knows. My dad and my aunt were always very close, growing up, she practically raised him, so he always saw her regularly, but since she's got divorced, he's been spending about three times more time with her, than with us.

You might I'm being unsympathetic towards my aunt, I never liked her, true, she always came across as petty and a bit of a control-freak, but when I went to talk to her about maybe her stopping to ask my dad to come over so often, so he could actually spend some time with my mom and me (mostly with my mom, she feels neglected), she outright laughed in my place, said she wasn't going to let my dad go, and in fact, was planning to get him to divorce my mom and go to live with her, she told me since she couldn't maintain a married life, she was gonna get her little brother back, and then they were gonna move to their old childhood home to live out the rest of their days. When I said she had no right to do that, she said she had every right to do it, she raised, he was hers to do as she wished. Now you see why I call her a control-freak.

I don't know what to do, as she rightly pointed out, nobody will believe me if I tell them this, in my dad's mind, his 'big sis' is perfect and can do no wrong. I don't know what to do? Please, how can I stop my aunt?

Favorite Answer

To be honest, she doesn't sound like the kind of lady who's going to get 'stopped' any time soon, but are you SURE no one will believe you? Reckon your mum might - maybe she deserves some kind of warning as to what is going on. If you're sure about this, and she knows what you believe it will at least give her a chance to put up a fight before the inevitable happens.

Of course, the easiest thing would be to introduce auntie to a nice man who'll sweep her off her feet, but guess that would be a bit cruel to the guy - if you even know someone.

I would sit him and your mom down together tell them that you love them both very much. Since your aunt husband recently left you have notice that now there is two families that are been broken up your aunts and ours. Its not fair we love you and aunt control freak very much but we need you just as much as she needs you. We miss you and we want you home with us as well..... When you talk to him just make sure he doesn't feel like he has to chose.

WOW........... this is a joke right

well if it ain't a joke then have her locked up in a mental institution. beyond that i have no idea how to help you my friend.

Source(s): ............