no sound with windows 7 media player?

ok, this isn't like some of the other windows medial player sound problems you read about on the internet, in this case I have been trying to watch district 9 again but no sound either works, it all used to work ages ago but for a long amount of time this glitch has existing in ever windows instillation I have done, people recommend codes but non of them seem to work, also if I remove windows media player 11 and re add it with windows add or remove programmings then it works , untill I shut down for one night, turn on for the next day then it just doesn't work again

I like windows media player :/ lol I want to try and get this to work as I use it a lot, also would another player be able to get all it's data from my server?

Favorite Answer

This can happen if you have two different media readers set to read the same kind of file.An example is if you have Realplayer and WMP set to play mp3s.

Use VLC video player its much better link : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/