Gradual tanner question?

The other day I just bought Dove Summer Glow gradual tanner, and I noticed that if I wash my hands after I apply it, my arms would be tan but my hands much paler. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? And also, it says that I should apply it daily but I need the tan faster and I don't want to spend money on a spray tan, so can I apply it twice a day? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I tried Dove Summer Glow before and didn't get very good results. I use Banana Boat Deep Summer Color self tanning lotion and it's the best I've tried. After just one use my skin was about 2 shades darker and not orange. So within 3 days I was a very very dark tan and again, not orange at all! Plus it doesn't smell as bad as other self tanners.

But if you want to stick with the Dove lotion then go right ahead! If you have the time during your day I would say to put the lotion on as normal, leave it on for about 3-4 hours, then wash it off and apply a new coat. I do this with the Banana Boat lotion and it works good and faster.

Now for the hand problem. I have come across this problem so many times before but I came up with a way to fix it. Ok so first you put the lotion over your body as you normally would and then go and wash your hands. Next, You take a little bit of the lotion and rub it on the tops of your hands and wrists, then once you rubbed the lotion in you take a old towel or rag and dampen it a little with some water and roughly scrub the palms of your hands so that the lotion comes off and your palms won't turn orange. That way the tops of your hands and fingers match your arm color and you won't have to deal with orange palms! Oh and be sure to use the lotion sparingly in between the fingers because they tend to turn orange very easily.

Good luck!

• beiro

Dove Summer Glow Gradual Tan

I've got the same stuff, and although I've tried applying it twice a day, usually the results are similar to that of just once a day. Do a decent amount in the mornings after exfoliating on the first day (then don't exfoliate again) and give it plenty of time to dry.

For tanning your hands, I would suggest only washing it off your palms and using a exfoliating glove to rub off any significant color differences. (: