Do you think Collingwood should hand the captaincy over to Pendlebury?

Lets face it he is outstanding, AND it just may influence him enough not to go to GWS after his 1 yr deal runs out.

Cheers.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He might be a great player, but is he a good off field leader. He and Swan come across as smart a$$es in front of the media. You need a good media prescence to be captain these days.

• 9 years ago

No. Pendlebury doesn't strike me as a leader, seems to just be a gun player. With the money GWS have splashed out already, I don't think they could convince him any more as they don't have the money in their large salary cap.

Maxwell may be an average player, but he seems to be a good leader and marshalls the players well.

• 9 years ago

Always wondered why Maxwell had it. But dont believe a change would help. Collingwood have just passed 12 of the clock

• 9 years ago

That's not a valid reason. He is of course outstanding, but you don't hand out the captaincy because of that.

Another failure might influence him to leave, just as another flag might influence him to stay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

And why should they take it off Maxwell? He hasn't done anything to show he doesn't deserve captaincy.. Whilst he may not be the best player he certainly tries his heart out every week and leads by example.

• shifty
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There will be lots of changes at Collingwood apart from Nathan Buckley taking over as senior coach. but i'm sorry to say this wont be one of them.

cheers.

• TBOMB
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Nah not yet he is definitely the next captain though

• mick
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

meh!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.