John Yuel asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Can I use human antifungal cream for my cat's skin fungal infection?

My vet gave me an antifungal cream for my cat, it's Ketoconazole Latosil. The cream is all used up and I need to apply more to my kitten. I don't know if it's for veterinary use only. That's why I want to know if I can use human skin antifungal cream on my kitten. Thanks.

• Favorite Answer

You need to be asking the vet not us because they are medically qualified to answer medical treatment questions such as this.

Please ask your vet.

No you should go down and get another perscription from yor vets. Animals have different skin PH levels to humans so it could cause irritation, there is a possibility it could make it worse rather than better

Never use something meant for humans on your animals, unless otherwise told its ok by a vet. You could make it worse, or it could hurt the kitty's alreayd sensetive skin. I would call your vet first and ask

If you asked a pharmacist if there was something that was EXACTLY THE SAME and they said yes, it might be possible. Otherwise--and also if you want to be 100 percent safe--you need to get some more from the vet.

No