John Yuel asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Can I use human antifungal cream for my cat's skin fungal infection?

My vet gave me an antifungal cream for my cat, it's Ketoconazole Latosil. The cream is all used up and I need to apply more to my kitten. I don't know if it's for veterinary use only. That's why I want to know if I can use human skin antifungal cream on my kitten. Thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

You need to be asking the vet not us because they are medically qualified to answer medical treatment questions such as this.

Please ask your vet.

• 9 years ago

No you should go down and get another perscription from yor vets. Animals have different skin PH levels to humans so it could cause irritation, there is a possibility it could make it worse rather than better

• 9 years ago

Never use something meant for humans on your animals, unless otherwise told its ok by a vet. You could make it worse, or it could hurt the kitty's alreayd sensetive skin. I would call your vet first and ask

• 9 years ago

If you asked a pharmacist if there was something that was EXACTLY THE SAME and they said yes, it might be possible. Otherwise--and also if you want to be 100 percent safe--you need to get some more from the vet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.