Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

why most metalcore bands sounds aweful live?

i mean, all the new bands from all subgenres of metal (such as: power, melodeath, thrash, etc.) sound awesome live but in metalcore most bands sound like **** in most of their live shows (i'm talking about bands like asking alexandria, attack attack and others...)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because they have no talent. Much like Slipknot. They possess NO talent. They rely on their stupid maggots to buy albums. It doesn't even have to be good - they'll sell because those idiots would give their lives for Slipknot.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I think its quite funny actually that most of the popular metalcore bands are the ones that suck. I have seen quite a few that were great live but then left when the headliners came out.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

anything that sounds as sterile and lifeless as Asking Alexandria obviously relies on the magic of the studio too much, not to mention the arrangements themselves are pretty telling, if your skill is extremely limited, of course you would use a ton of no skill chromatic riffs and breakdowns.

• 9 years ago

They aren't that good live because they don't have the money for the expensive equipment for sound quality and all that stuff like Slipknot. They use to not be great live but now they are incredible because they became more famous hence more money and better live equipment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Metalcore relies on the studio a lot.

• 9 years ago

They're really not that talented. The clever studio work made them sound like they have SOME talent.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Asking Alexandria? I dont even call those wimps metalcore but they sure do suck

• 9 years ago

Simple they're generic!

Source(s): Dragonforce
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.