C asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 years ago

Is this a vitamin C overdose?

I have been taking 1000 mg of vitamin c in the morning with a bowl of cereal. Throughout the day, I would drink Dole 100% vitamin C juices. I thought I had an overdose because I have diarreah and my body hurts.

• Sweety
    Favorite Answer

It is safe to take up to 1000mg of vitamin c; however the daily recommended dose is only 70mg.

Consuming so much fruit that is high in vitamin c on top of such a high supplement dosage can cause more problems than it would solve. It is always a better idea to get as many vitamins and nutrients through natural sources such as fruits and vegetables.

I'd cut down on your vitamin C intake, it does sound like your body is reacting to it.

I think so, I remember 1000mg being the max limit, or similar (maybe 1200). You should avoid any excess vitamin c related drinks and food later in teh day