My niece smells like dog?

So my nieces live with me, they are around 9 and 8 years old. When they come back from their mom's for the weekend, I always wash their clothes, because they had lice before from there. Well I was going to the bathroom after the oldest and I smelled dog. I was like, where is that coming from? I then smelled it came from the toilet. I was like, wtf? Then when I was washing their clothes, it came from the oldest underwear. Now I know if you're getting a funky smell from your private parts, you can have an infection and need to see a doctor. Can she have one, even if she hasn't been through puberty? I know they don't take showers when they are with their mom during the week, because well the mom doesn't enforce it (aka, doesn't really care.) and they just don't do it.

I forgot to mention, we wash them all the time when they come back. But yet the smell lingers...

• Nana K
    Favorite Answer

Maybe she isn't drinking enough water. If she has taken an antibiotic lately it could be a yeast infection. Try giving her yogurt, cranberry juice and water.

• Ann

Dogs smell.

disgusting the mother should especially if they are girls...just bathed the poor girls i feel sorry for them

give her a bath