Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

So aren't all atheists really fundies?

There is only ONE fundemental to atheism. To not believe in any deity. Atheists do not, therefore, they are fundies!!

<3

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Urgghhh. A part of me actually dies everytime somebody uses the word "fundies". I don't even know what it means it just makes you sound like such a pr*ck

• 9 years ago

Fairly accurate. But most fundies insist that every corner of their life should be run by rules set by their religion. That doesn't apply.

I've gone through long periods of my life as a prosyltizing atheist. Then I married a fundie evangelical Christian. I know her bible better than she does, but shrug. We don't need to convert each other.

• Bear A
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Atheists fundamentally don't believe in God, otherwise, they could not be atheists. A fundamentalist strictly abides to specific doctrine, I am disinclined to say that simply not believing in God is a doctrine as it seems to be the lack of a doctrine to me. I don't think you can argue that lacking a doctrine is in fact a doctrine of having no doctrine...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no.

a fundamentalist has a closed mind and does not accept evidence contrary to their position.

the first time any theist shows actual evidence for the existence of a god or gods I will change my position.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I wish I could follow your logic . . .

Source(s): Have a great day
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes they are

• 9 years ago

Ok.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.