My girlfriend asking for temporally break?

We been together f or just over a year i am 26 she is 23, we also work at the same place literally we spending 24/7 together, we had fight recently over me going through her inbox as she is been texting other guy which is 20 years older than her for last 7 weeks, i asked her initially to stop she says OK, she also says she is texting him just like friend she knows his much older than her! But did not stop and it was really annoying me so i had no option to go through her inbox, some of the stuff she sent is just unbelievable like...i miss you...i love you...She was also sending her pictures too, but she was lees flirty than the guy. Now she asking or more space she is asking for temporally break, i can not figure out what she try to do. Any thoughts or advice welcome, thanks in advance

You're the man, take control of the situation. Women want to be dominated whether they admit it or not. The older guy was giving her what you couldn't. Either put her in her place and forbid her to contact this guy or move on and find a different girl.

More like a permanent break! But to be fair, you had no right to go through her things.

"I had no option [but] to go through her inbox" is just an excuse you made up to invade her privacy because you were suspicious, and was wrong of you.