lexi:) asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

Stitches in my mouth are falling out?

I had a tooth exposure 3 days ago. One of the stitches at the roof of my mouth is starting to come out, and it's really bothering me. Is it okay to pull it out already? My stitches are dissolvable.

Favorite Answer

I would think after 3 days it should be okay to pull it gently out if it will come out easily

just keep up the salt water mouth washes or whatever the dentist recommended

Yes i agree with other comment, do not pull it at all, allow it to dissolve even though is will be annoying you so much. Warm salt water will help dissolve it faster, rinse 3 times a day and this will speed it up for you.

Source(s): I am a dental nurse in oral surgery,

dear lexi...

you shouldn't pull it off because you might endanger the seal of the surgical flap since 3 days are insufficient to firm wound closure and also increase the risk of infection so.. just ignore it and it will fall away by itself

best wishes

Source(s): dentist