can someone check this please. for grammar.?

It was not easy at first, but luckily, upon entering my second semester, I enrolled in a yoga course that allowed me to understand one's passion for peace and quiet.

• Alann
    Favorite Answer

Grammar-wise, yes it is right. However you can/should change some words in it to make it more "effective".

• Jean

I would prefer: Entering my second semester was not easy at first, but enrolling in a yoga course allowed me to understand my passion for peace and quiet. It is too busy and over punctuated the other way.

Omit the comma after 'first'. I would say 'my passion', or 'the passion' (if referring to people in general) The use of "one" is rather old-fashioned in modern everyday British English (Prince Charles does use it often) and is actually wrong there, since you have said "I enrolled...." - that should be followed by "my", not by the impersonal "one's"

"one's passion" is awkward. Do you mean your own passion? Do you really mean "passion", that's odd with peace and quiet.

That's almost perfect. You can use "after" rather than "upon". That's would be best