N. D. asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Masturbation??????????????

is it necessary for your health? after i do i feel psychologically the worst!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i think it can be "necessary" for health, in fact - i know it is. but, people wonder why masturbation is said to be "wrong".

the psychological aspect is bothersome because, in my opinion - of whatever one happens to be "fantasizing" about. i think sometimes, some people would NEVER act on or even admit to what's in their head. because they wouldn't actually do what they fantasize about, an inner conflict is "born". the conflict is either to want to rid the "fantasy" or ... wanting to actually act out the fantasies with others. lack of opportunity or access then "drives" the sexuality within the mind, and i think the mind is not built to tolerate sex (insanity).

when one "gratifies" a fantasy, whether alone or with others, the mind becomes hard-wired and the "orientation" and "preferences" are then "set". i think this is what causes and leads to extreme dysfunction in some people; when their fetishes become so strong, everything else is "impotent" to them. this seems to be the "reason" why "god" has reserved sex / allowed only in a state of "marriage". however, unmarried people have sexual feelings, regardless.

i would recommend attempting to relieve *without* any mental aspect, whatsoever. if you find it not possible to achieve relief without fantasizing, the problem is the hard-wiring and you'll want to "fix" that or, you can just tolerate the mental, psychological torture that you put yourself through.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You don't have to masturbate if you do not wish to. Doctors say it is good for you if you do masturbate be they didn't say you had to, if it is making you feel worse after you do it then don't do it as that can have some long term effects on you.

• 9 years ago

Well for me (a female) i think it help to relieve the tention you had in your body after a climax. Its mostly for your health of the body, not for you mentally or what ever, but physicly it helps. But if its making you think (mental part) worse then dont do it, its motsly for bodie, not mind

Source(s): Been there done that
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It has no real benefit except relieving your sexual tension, but no negative effects except your personal feeling about it (and of course the possible relationship consequences of being caught). It's totally up to you, if you don't like it, don't do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Kinda it's good to do so no blue balls and relieve and you probably just want somebody to jerk you off not yourself just let a woman give you a handjob occasionally

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

in my personal opinion, sex is as important as eating or drinking or breathing.... now

- if you EAT too much = you become FAT

- if you DRINK too much = I do not see much harm in it but certain intake of water is recommended or you will drawn internally ;)

- if you BREATH too much = your lungs will function properly

- if you have sex too much = you will feel active and fatigue all at one time.

Don't know if that made any sense!

• 9 years ago

Thats not all he's got on his hands :)

Your fine, it's just guilt that makes you feel bad. When you realize that it's natural and good for you, you wont feel bad any more!

• 9 years ago

its normal... its needed and its only hurting you psychologically because of your own deep down beliefs on how you feel about yourself...

• 9 years ago

no i hate it but i cant stop its a pain in the butt makes life harder and mentally does things too

• 9 years ago

actually its good if your an old man it helps reduce the chance of getting prostate cancer but you might get herpes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.